Buying insurance can be overwhelming for many. Nobody wants to go through long policy documents and most are wary of insurance agents for they are known to work an angle whenever they mention ‘insurance policy’.
Well, keeping that sentiment in mind, we have rounded up few quotes on insurance. These are a varied bunch filled with knowledge and some amazing insights. From what is insurance to why I should buy it to when should I buy it, they will answer all questions without working an angle.
- ‘If a child, a spouse, a life partner, or a parent depends on you and your income, you need life insurance.’ -Suze Orman (American author, television host, and financial advisor)
Not many can explain the essence of insurance—protection, better than Suze Orman. After all, she was a financial advisor for Merill Lynch, vice-president of retail customer investments at Prudential Bache Securities, hosted an award winning finance show ‘The Suze Orman Show’ on CNBC, and has authored several books on personal finance.
The main aim of an insurance is to help your family live with financial freedom in case something unfortunate occurs with you. If you have not bought an insurance policy, there is no better reason than this.
- ‘Fun is like life insurance; the older you get, the more it costs.’ – Kin Hubbard (American cartoonist, humorist, and journalist)
Trust a humourist to sell you insurance’s vital point in the funniest way possible. Buying insurance early has its many benefits and cost is the most important one. The younger you are, the better the advantage as insurers consider you a less liability and therefore charge you lower premiums. And let us not forget, your dependents get a cover over their head early on.
- ‘The grace of god is like insurance. It will help you in your time of need without any limit.’-Sri Sathya Sai Baba (Indian spiritual leader)
No one other than an Indian spiritual guru could come up with such a statement. After all, India and spirituality share a deep bond. Sai Baba’s statement is the best answer to what is insurance? It is akin to God’s grace for your dependents in time of crisis. Never underestimate the power of an insurance plan.
- ‘What exactly does that expression mean, friends with benefits? Does he provide her with health insurance?’ -Sheldon Cooper from The Big Bang Theory played by Jim Parsons
What is Insurance? It is a mutually beneficial relationship between the insurer and the insured. Our lovable yet social inept genius physicist got it 100% right. You pay a premium to the insurance firm in exchange for them insuring your health or your family’s future in your absence.
- ‘You don’t buy life insurance because you are going to die, but because those you love are going to live.’-Unknown Author
It is often the unknown who leave us with the best life lessons. This line is true to every letter. Insurance is protection—not for yourself but for your loved ones. When you buy an insurance policy, you do so keeping your dependents in mind. After all, there is no better sight than seeing them hale and hearty.
When you are out to buy an insurance policy, the jargons and technicalities will discourage you but do not stop. As these wise people have said in poignant and funny lines—there is nothing more important than being insured.
Insure your loved one’s financial future after you with a term insurance plan