Tobacco in any form is dangerous for your health. Smoking tobacco not only affects your lungs but also your heart. Carcinogenic substances found in cigarettes such as acetone, tar, nicotine or carbon monoxide has the potential of affecting your entire system. Moreover, habitual smoking can lead to complications, making you prone to serious illnesses.
If you are looking forward to quit smoking for good, homeopathy will be a great option to consider. Remember to consult your physician before taking any homeopathic medications. Here are three reasons why you should go the homeopathic way:
1. Natural healing
Homeopathy is believed to be safe and reliable in treating nicotine and tobacco withdrawal. It can reduce nicotine craving and help you quit the stick. Make sure you consult a homeopathy expert as he/she may prescribe remedies based on your withdrawal symptoms.
2. May ease triggers
Physical and psychological factors that trigger tobacco craving can vary from person to person. There are multiple stimuli that can set off tobacco craving in people. It could be time, place or even foods that can spark the urge to pick up the cigarette. Some signs of nicotine withdrawal include mood swings, depression, weight gain, sleeplessness, headaches, nervousness and others. Homeopathy can help you counter these triggers to be on your way to a smoke-free life.
3. Helps you quit tobacco
There are various homeopathic remedies that can help you quit tobacco. Some of the remedies are Plantago, Tabacum, Ignatia, Caladium Seguinum, Lobelia, Nux Vomica, Staphysagria and Avena Sativa among others.
- Plantago creates an aversion to tobacco. Usually it is prescribed for individuals who complain about depression, sleeplessness, eye pain and mood swings.
- Tabacum helps eliminate the toxins given out by tobacco. It has a significant effect on tobacco craving.
- Ignatia is used for anxiety correlated with tobacco craving.
- Caladium Sequinum helps those that have trouble with bowel movement without having a cigarette first. It may also be prescribed for those with symptoms of asthma, nervousness, vertigo, headaches, nausea, impotence, depression and sensitivity to noise.
- Lobelia is used for smoking withdrawal. Practitioners prescribe lobelia when the person has asthma, emphysema, a weak stomach, indigestion, vomiting, intense nausea, vertigo, cold sweats, and a lot of salivae.
- Nux Vomica is used when the individual experiences depression, stress, insomnia, irritability, and anxiety when trying to quit smoking.
- Staphysagria is generally used as a de-addiction remedy, including tobacco.
- Avena sativa can help to clear the mind during de-addiction.
Homeopathy is considered a natural alternative to help deal with tobacco addiction. Consult a registered homeopathic practitioner who can chalk out a plan that fits you. Lastly, remember if you plan to buy a health insurance or term insurance plan, the premiums for a non-smoker are less over a smoker. This means once you quit smoking, you also save more money.
Advt. no.: IA/Jul 2018/4262