Think about a cleaner environment, a happier family, a better future; now think about how you can build it.
The most significant part of loving someone is to strengthen them. From our family, home and car to city, country and planet, our relationship with each of these links bloom by investing in them. This investment is twofold—protecting them and making them stronger. While protection is what contributes while we are present with them, strengthening helps them to stand strong even after us.
This Earth Day let’s discern how we can play our part to make this planet a better place. It can be explained with a simple example where you protect your family with the comforts of a house, car, air-conditioner, security staff/equipment, etc. and strengthen them with a term insurance plan. So that, when you are no longer around, your family still continues to lead a fulfilling lifestyle.
Similarly, when we zoom out the camera, we find ourselves as a part of this greater family we call Earth. Safeguarding it is as much our responsibility as taking care of our spouse, kids and parents. Here’s how we can play our little but very important role in protecting our environment:
- It is preferable to walk or cycle your way to office. However, if you prefer to drive your motor vehicle due to longer distance or traffic conditions, turning off the engine at the signals will help.
- Do not litter on the roads or into waterbodies and dispose garbage properly. Also, minimize the use of plastic goods and opt for paper bags instead. This will particularly reduce plastic waste. In order to reduce toxic water waste, use only the recommended dose of detergent and no more.
- Fixing leaky faucets, putting off the lights when not in use and turning off the AC when the temperature drops during the night-time are some simple ways to conserve energy.
If you are involved in any industrial work, keep a check that the machines are emitting smoke within permissible limits. Moreover, promote use of solar energy wherever possible.
Strengthening our planet too require such thoughtful efforts, like—
- Plant more trees. If you do not have a garden space in your house, consider planting in pots; After all, every leaf counts.
- Spread awareness about initiatives like afforestation, reforestation, animal welfare and renewable resources. While joining a welfare organization or scheme seems like an ideal way to do this, spreading awareness amongst your family members, colleagues and friends goes a long way too.
- Educating kids about environmental science and conservation practices will inculcate eco-friendly habits in them, right from the start. While school curriculum will help greatly, parents need to lead their kids by example with their environment friendly actions.
Education of all things makes for a firm contribution as it passes on from one generation to other; An educated society is a secure society. Take the first step by securing your kids’ education. A smart way to do this is to sign up for our child insurance plan which ensures corpus to fulfil your child’s dreams in your absence.
To conclude, as the old adage goes, what goes around comes around. Our efforts towards betterment of our planet will ultimately result in an upgraded lifestyle for us and our families. The immediate effect of our efforts might last for a specified time period, like the death benefits of our life insurance policy. But it will surely contribute towards a stable ground anchoring a better future, for everyone and everything we love.
An educated society is a secure society. Take the first step by securing your kids’ education. A smart way to do this is to sign up for our child insurance plan which ensures corpus to fulfil your child’s dreams in your absence.