Grievance Redressal and Ombudsman List
Any notice, direction or instruction given to Us under the Policy shall be in writing and delivered by hand, post, facsimile or from registered electronic mail to:
Customer Service Department
Aegon Life Insurance Company Limited, Building No. 3, Third floor, Unit No. 1NESCO IT Park, Western Express Highway Goregaon (E), Mumbai 400 063 Toll free number: 1800 209 9090 E-mail: email@example.com (For group policies) or firstname.lastname@example.org (for any other policies)
Or any of our Aegon Life Branches and such other address as may be informed by Us.
Any notice, direction or instruction to be given by Us under the Policy shall be in writing and delivered by hand, post, courier, facsimile or registered electronic mail at the updated address in the records of the Company.
You are requested to communicate any change in address immediately to enable us to serve You promptly.
2 Consumer Grievance Cell:
You may reach us for any complaints/ grievances in any of the following manner:
- By calling the Toll Free Number 1800 209 9090 between 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday to Saturday or
- By writing an e-mail to email@example.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org (in case of Senior Citizens), or email@example.com for any other policies
- By registering the grievance on the website of the Company at www.aegonlife.com or
In case of disagreement with the response of the Company or of no- response within 15 days, the grievance can be escalated to Grievance Redressal Officer by an e-mail to grievance.manager@aegonlife .com or written letter at
Grievance Redressal Officer
Aegon Life Insurance Company Limited, Building No. 3, Third floor, Unit No. 1 NESCO IT Park, Western Express Highway Goregaon (E), Mumbai 400 063
In case You are still not satisfied with our resolution, or have not received any response within 10 days, You may contact the following official of the IRDAI for resolution:
IRDAI Grievance Call Centre (IGCC), Toll Free No:155255 or 1800 4254 732. Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org You can also register Your complaint online at http://www.igms.irda.gov.in/ You can also register Your complaint through fax/paper by submitting Your complaint to:
Consumer Affairs Department
Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India, Sy No. 115/1, Financial District,
Nanakramguda, Gachibowli, Hyderabad – 500032 Ph: (040) 20204000
3 Insurance Ombudsman
In case You are not satisfied with the decision/resolution or have not received any reply to Your complaints/ grievances within a period of 15 days, You may approach to the Insurance Ombudsman, if Your complaint pertains to:
- Delay in settlement of claim;
- Any partial or total repudiation of claim;
- Disputes over Premium paid or payable in terms of the Policy;
- Misrepresentation of Policy terms and conditions at any time in the Policy document or Policy contract;
- Legal construction of the policies in so far as such disputes relate to claim;
- Policy servicing related grievances against Insurers and their agents and intermediaries;
- Issuance of life insurance Policy which is not in conformity with the Proposal Form submitted by the Proposer ;
- Non-issue of Policy document to customers after receipt of Policy Premiums;
- Any other matter resulting from violation of provisions of Insurance Act, 1938 or the regulations, circulars, guidelines or instructions issued by IRDAI from time to time or the terms and conditions of the Policy contract, in so far as they relate to clauses (I) to (vi) above.
The Ombudsman shall act as a counsellor and mediator to the matters specified above provided there is written consent of the parties to the dispute.
You or Your legal heirs, Nominee or Assignee can make a complaint in writing to the Insurance Ombudsman within whose territorial jurisdiction the branch or office of the insurer complained against or the residential address or place of residence of the complainant is located. The complaint shall be in writing, duly signed by You or Your legal heirs, Nominee or Assignee and shall state clearly the name and address of the complainant, the name of the branch or office of the insurer against whom the complaint is made, the facts giving rise to the complaint, supported by documents, the nature and extent of the loss caused to the complainant and the relief sought from the Insurance Ombudsman.
No complaint to the Insurance Ombudsman shall lie unless—
- the complainant makes a written representation to the insurer named in the complaint and—
- either the insurer had rejected the complaint; or
- the complainant had not received any reply within a period of one month after the insurer received his representation; or
- the complainant is not satisfied with the reply given to him by the insurer;
- The complaint is made within one year—
- after the order of the insurer rejecting the representation is received; or
- after receipt of decision of the insurer which is not to the satisfaction of the complainant;
- after expiry of a period of one month from the date of sending the written representation to the insurer if the insurer named fails to furnish reply to the complainant.
No complaint before the Insurance Ombudsman shall be maintainable on the same subject matter on which proceedings are pending before or disposed of by any court or consumer forum or arbitrator.
You are requested to visit the website of the Company for updated information on contact details of the Company and Insurance Ombudsmen.