“Aegon Life”, “We” refers to Aegon Life Insurance Company Limited.
“You”, “Your”, “Users” refer to the person accessing the website in any capacity.
“Website” refers to www.aegonlife.com.
“Services” refers to all services made available by Aegon Life through its website.
“Personal Information” and “Sensitive Personal information” shall have the meaning as defined in the Personal Data Protection Act, 2019.
Provided that,Any information that is freely available or accessible in public
domain or furnished under the Right to Information Act, 2005 and its
amendments or any other law for the time being in force shall not be
regarded as sensitive personal data or information.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and have taken reasonable steps to protect the confidentiality of the Personal Information you have furnished to us and its transmission through the world wide web.
In the process of you using this Website or availing of the existing or future services or facility provided by the Website, You may be required to furnish information, personal or otherwise, relating to you or any other person through you, including information that is of a confidential nature (all such information being part of “Personal Information”). You are requested to keep the Personal Information updated with us so as to ensure that the services and facility remain relevant and reach you.
Use of Information:
We will also use the Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Allow You to access specific account information;
- Providing customization. We may use the Personal Information provided by You to customize Your visit to the Website by displaying appropriate content at our judgment and discretion;
- Send you information about us and /or our products and services;
- To contact you when required directly by us or through third party duly authorised by us.
- To improve our website, products and customer service
Aegon Life’s Affiliates, partners, vendors may from time to time send by e-mail or such
other communications, information relating to their products and services.
Sharing of Information:
Aegon Life undertakes not to disclose, except as otherwise provided, the Personal Information provided by you to any person, unless such action is necessary to:
- Conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process;
- Protect and defend Aegon Life’s or its Affiliates’ rights, interests or property;
- Enforce the terms and conditions of the products or services or Terms and Conditions;
- or Act to protect the interests of Aegon Life, its Affiliates, or its members, constituents or of other persons.
- To detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues,
We may, and are authorised to, share the Personal Information with a third party, including Affiliates, that are interested in serving you. You may inform us at any time not to share Your Personal Information with third parties by sending us an e-mail message at firstname.lastname@example.org . We may also use Your Personal Information for the purpose of providing you with any services to which you subscribe, and any service-related activities such as collecting subscription fees from you for those services, and notifying you or contacting you regarding any problem with, or the expiration of, such services. In this regard, it may be necessary to disclose Your Personal Information to one or more Advisors and contractors, vendors, partners, associates of Aegon Life and their sub-contractors, but
such Advisors, contractors, and sub-contractors will be required to agree to use the information obtained from us only for these purposes.
We may, and are authorised to, share or part with all Personal Information related to the details and transaction history of the Customers to its Affiliates/banks/financial institutions/credit bureaus /agencies/participation in any telecommunication or electronic clearing network as may be required by law, customary practice, credit reporting, statistical analysis and credit scoring, verification or risk management and you shall not hold Aegon Life liable for use or disclosure of Personal Information.
You shall not disclose to any person, in any manner whatsoever, any Personal Information relating to Aegon Life or its customers, prospects or its Affiliates obtained in the course of availing the facility or use of Website. You are further obligated to inform us of such unauthorised information obtained by you by writing to us at CISO.Function@aegonlife.com You may not distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, report, or use any of the contents of the Website for public or commercial or any other purposes whatsoever, including the text, images, audio, and video (hereinafter referred to as the "Content") without Aegon Life’s written permission. Failure to comply with this obligation shall be deemed a serious breach of the terms herein and shall entitle Aegon Life or its Affiliates to terminate the services or facility, to which you may be entitled to or can access otherwise, without prejudice to any damages.
Users are also made aware that certain information and data may be automatically collected through the standard operation of Aegon Life’s internet servers or through the use of "cookies." "Cookies" is a term generally used for small text files a web site can use to recognize repeat users, facilitate the user's ongoing access to and use of the site, allow a site to track usage behavior and compile aggregate data that will allow content improvements and targeted advertising etc. Cookies themselves do not personally identify you, but they do identify your computer Generally, cookies work by assigning a unique number to the user computer that has no meaning outside the assigning site. You have the option to reset your browser to control cookies; however, some of the services offered by the Website may not function properly if cookies are refused.
By sharing your Aadhaar number, you hereby consent to our collection, use and storage (if required), of your Aadhaar number, Virtual ID, e-Aadhaar, XML, Masked Aadhaar, Aadhaar details, demographic information, identity information, Aadhaar registered mobile number, Aadhaar registered address, date of birth, face authentication details and/or biometric information as per applicable laws/regulations (collectively, “Aadhaar Information”) for the following purposes:
- KYC and periodic KYC process and for establishing your identity, carrying out your identification, other authentication/verification/identification as may be permitted as per applicable law and for the provision of insurance services;
- collecting, sharing, storing, preserving Aadhaar Information, maintaining records and using the Aadhaar Information and authentication/verification/identification records for the informed purposes above as well as for regulatory and legal reporting and filings and/or where required under applicable law;
- producing records and logs of the consent, Aaadhar Information or of authentication, identification, verification etc. for evidentiary purposes including before a court of law, any authority or in arbitration or such other authorities as may be permitted under law.
Storage, Disclosure and Protection of Information:
- Aadhaar numbers so collected shall be kept protected in an encrypted form in Aadhaar Vault and as required by applicable regulations;
- You have been informed that submission of Aadhaar is voluntary and there are alternative options for KYC and establishing identity and address proof;
- Your Aadhaar Information shall only be disclosed as required for the informed purposes above and in accordance with applicable laws.
- We take reasonable precautions to protect the Website and our Users information from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information We hold.
- We permit access to personally identifiable information to our employees, contractors and agents who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations for data processing purposes.